Pro School Rockers is aimed at year 4 – year 6 children of all musical abilities, from complete beginner to experienced player. Our teachers all are qualified primary school teachers and/or qualified musicians.
At the heart of Get Into Guitar is our desire to form extremely positive, genuine and meaningful relationships with our students. We supply all the necessary acoustic/electric guitars and other equipment during lessons. These sessions are differentiated to take into account differing abilities, experience levels and areas of interest. The Pro School Rockers feature physical ‘take home’ music resources and a Get Into Guitar guide with loads of useful information for both parents and students alike.
The Pro School Rockers cover:
– Learning current songs, classic songs and theme tunes.
– Learning music that is selected by the students.
– Using interactive guitar software and Xbox guitar games.
– Playing in performances.
– Entering guitar competitions to win great prizes.
– Writing their own songs as a band.
– Rockschool grade study when working towards recognised grades.
– Investigating the wonderful patterns of music theory.
– Playing well known tunes on just 1 string up to using all 6 strings.
– Strumming simple to more advanced chords.
– Learning to use all fingers on the fretting hand.
– Finger picking/Using a pick.
– Reading guitar tablature
The Pro School Rockers take place at your child’s school.
The Pro School Rockers run in half termly renewable blocks and are on-going throughout the school year. The groups are held during or after school.
“My son started learning with Get Into Guitar at Primary School. He loved the lessons and it’s given him an interest which will hopefully continue. He’s now 16, has taken his grade 3 exam and we can regularly hear him playing a wide variety of genres through his bedroom door”!
Tranmere Park Primary School
“Get into guitar has really taught me how to enjoy music and develop my skills. Ever since I first started in year 2 I got a taste and was instantly drawn into it as Paul taught me how to play many popular and great sounding songs better and better. I am now in year 9 and still enjoying the fun, helpful teaching. Would defo recommend”.