The School Rockers guitar groups are aimed at year 2 – year 6 children of all musical abilities, from complete beginner to experienced player. Our teachers all are qualified primary school teachers and/or qualified musicians.
At the heart of Get Into Guitar is our desire to form extremely positive, genuine and meaningful relationships with our students. We supply all the necessary acoustic/electric guitars and other equipment during lessons. These sessions are differentiated to take into account differing abilities, experience levels and areas of interest. The School Rockers feature physical ‘take home’ music resources and a Get Into Guitar guide with loads of useful information for both parents and students alike.
The School Rockers cover:
– Learning current songs, classic songs and theme tunes.
– Learning music that is selected by the students.
– Using interactive guitar software and Xbox guitar games.
– Playing in performances.
– Entering guitar competitions to win great prizes.
– Writing their own songs as a band.
– Playing well known tunes on just 1 string up to using all 6 strings.
– Strumming simple to more advanced chords.
– Learning to use all fingers on the fretting hand.
– Finger picking/Using a pick.
– Reading guitar tablature.
The School Rockers take place at your child’s school.
The School Rockers run in half termly renewable blocks and are on-going throughout the school year. The groups are held during or after school.
“Paul has fostered not only a love of the guitar and desire to play well in my son, but also introduced him to a wide range of music genres that has increased his love for music in general as well. Thank you!” .
Hayley – Parent
Tranmere Park Primary School
“Both of my children attend guitar lessons with Paul through school. They both really enjoy the lessons and always come home singing the songs they’ve learned! It’s been wonderful to see their confidence grow and we’re so grateful to Paul for all of his hard work, patience and encouragement”.
Thorner Primary School
“Despite never having played an instrument before, my 8 year old son took to his guitar lessons with Get Into Guitar straight away. He really looks forward to his weekly lessons”.
Bramham Primary School